Is Functional Medicine Right For Me?
At Weddington Wellness, our functional medicine program applies naturopathic care. Both Dr. Merritt and Dr. Schwartz, have certification and degrees in naturopathy, utilizing the principles focusing on identifying the underlying causes of disease.
Naturopathic medicine dates back to the 1890s, recognizing the body’s inherent ability to heal itself.
Naturopathy blends centuries-old knowledge and a philosophy that nature is the most effective healer with current research on health and human systems.
Our doctors are clinically trained, and work in all aspects of family health from pediatric to geriatric care.
Naturopathic therapies are supported by research drawn from peer-reviewed journals from many disciplines, including naturopathic medicine, conventional medicine, European complementary medicine, clinical nutrition, phytotherapy, pharmacognosy, homeopathy, psychology and spirituality.
What Should I Expect?
Combining naturopathy with our functional medicine program, it allows us to make sense of the confusing symptoms you have been struggling with, address the stubborn acute conditions you can’t get rid of, and guide you into wellness with a clear, easy to follow plan that pinpoints a protocol to address each of your health concerns!
To get started, take our free health quiz and book a discovery call, or directly call our office so that we may book your consultation date/time.
After your initial consultation, we will review the results of any required lab work and make calculated recommendations & plans based on which symptoms you are experiencing as well as which bloodwork markers you are showing an abundance/deficiency in from a functional medicine perspective.
Our roadmap is a specialized program to get you on the right track towards optimal health!
Many individuals may still experience symptoms due to nutritional deficiencies or consuming foods that negatively impact their gut and hormone health– despite the fact they think they are eating healthy and doing all the right things.
Functional Medicine, is science-backed, taking your individual need into account as well as the impact of your diet on gut and hormone health. It’s important to recognize that a diet that may be considered healthy for some may not be appropriate for others. Even healthy foods may not be suitable for certain individuals. This can lead to frustration and confusion about how to improve health. Seeking out a personalized approach to nutrition and wellness can help address individual needs and the root causes of health issues, leading to improved overall well-being.
If any of the following apply to you, then you may benefit from our functional medicine program:
- You’re experiencing stubborn health issues that won’t go away and you don’t know why.
- You’ve been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition.
- You’ve tried other treatments, protocols, or products and nothing has seemed to help.
- You have a chronic health condition (chronic pain, heart disease, diabetes, etc.) and you’d like a better way to manage your symptoms.
- You have digestive issues such as IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s, etc.
- You struggle with depression, anxiety, fatigue, mental fog, and/or other mental/emotional dysfunctions.
- You want to lose/gain weight.
- You have neuromusculoskeletal degenerative issues or want to improve your athletic/fitness performance.
Metabolic Reset Option
Whether you choose the individual services, or our four-month program, the metabolic reset is available for all patients. At Weddington Wellness, we believe it is beneficial to first reset your system to release stubborn excess fat, correct hormone imbalances, increase immune efficiency, prevent premature aging, and reduce pain and inflammation.
We don’t want our patients to only focus on their outer appearance or change the number on a scale, but rather create a healthier and more functional lifestyle.
That’s why we offer our Metabolic Reset, so true healing can begin!
- FREE Health Quiz with online evaluation results
- MWM 4-week Metabolic Reset Program with Dietary Guidance, Recipes, Grocery Lists
- Metabolic Reset Cleanse Shake and Detox/Weight Loss Supplements
- Closing 15 min. 1:1 call with health coach for next steps to upgrade to full functional medicine program.
Take The First Step Today On Your
Journey To Health and Vitality
Do you have questions about our services and program on starting your path for better health and longevity? Click below to take our free health quiz and determine if Weddington Wellness Center is right for you!